Once you install and set up the HP printer in your computer, you are required to install the printer driver software in the system too. And for those who are not aware of this fact, that while installing the printer driver software, software known as printer assistant also gets automatically downloaded and installed in the system and you can see the icon. You don’t need to install it additionally as the process takes side by side when you are installing the printer driver. It is basically a tool which is known to highlight and correct all the flaws that you have with the HP computer or any other device which has been connected to the device in which it has been installed. It is basically installed in the Windows Computer along with HP printer driver either via going to the official HP website or via installation CD. But, whenever you update the Windows and especially to Windows 10, you can notice some troubles with the HP printer software. As soon as the update takes place, the software fails to open when you click on the desktop icon. In order to resolve this issue, you must take notice of the solutions provided in the blog, before you contact the hp printer tech support number.
How to resolve the issue of HP printer not opening in Windows?
If you are unable to open the HP printer assistant, you need to employ the given steps to resolve the issue:
Method 1- Restoring back the computer to a previous time:
- Click on the Windows Start and in the search box, type ‘Run’
- Open the Run Command to type RSTRUI.EXE and press enter.
- After that, you can view a ‘restore system file and settings window’
- Tap on ‘Next’
- Now, you will be able to see a date and time column. In that, you need to choose a date when the HP printer assistant made no issues in opening up.
- Now choose next and confirm the date.
- After that, you need to restart the system to see whether the error has been resolved or not.
If this doesn’t help you to resolve the issue, then you can try another method. To implement that alternative in the PC, you can take help of the second procedure:
- Disconnect the USB cable that is connecting the laptop and the printer.
- Go to the Start Menu of the PC and in that type %temp and press Enter.
- You need to locate the folder with a name 7z.
- Open the folder and look for util and ccc folders in them
- Now uninstall the L#.bat and restart the system
- After that just download and install the updated printer driver in the system and along with the HP printer assistant will also get downloaded.
This will by far help you in resolving the issue of the printer assistant not opening in Windows. Sometimes, even while installing the new and updated printer driver in the system, the dilemma doesn’t get resolved. In that case, you must take care of the issue by contacting the hp printer customer care on an urgent basis.
Read more: hp printer helpline number
Source URL: HP Printer Assistant Not Opening in Windows